With a Democrat in the Oval Office and majorities in the Senate and House, 7 of 23 statutes enacted by the 117th United States Congress include the:
- “American Rescue Plan” facilitating recovery from the COVID pandemic.
- “Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act” to repair highways and manage hazardous materials.
- “CHIPS and Science Act” bringing microchip production back to America.
- “Respect for Marriage Act” protecting same-sex and interracial marriage.
- “Bipartisan Safer Communities Act” addressing mental health, school safety, gun safety, and hazardous materials.
- “Inflation Reduction Act of 2022” addressing inflation, prescription drug prices, energy, climate change
- “Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023” addressing electoral reform, funding for defense of Ukraine, defense, natural disasters, healthcare, and electoral reform.
After quarreling like six-year-olds through15 ballots, House Republicans elected Kevin McCarty speaker. Now, beside harassing Hunter Biden, persecuting a physician who dedicated his life to fighting infectious diseases, and ginning up, tit-for-tat, attempts to impeach Joe Biden, what mean, mindless “policies” and “programs” do Congressional Republicans have planned for Americans?
2 thoughts on “What Now?”
Republicans only are concerned regarding the national debt while a democrat occupies the White House. Remember the tax cut the last administration gave to the wealthy. That was to pay for itself. The joke was on us. The next two years are going to be something to watch for. The do nothing house.
Thanks for the feedback, Don. The House situation is scary. Ironically, the GOP members are so crazy and chaotic they may not be able to get their act enough to do more damage.