From a rational mind it would be hyperbole. Tragically, it’s neither!
Following are a few more florid instances from Donald Trump‘s containing barrage of delusion and bald-faced lies. Too lazy to look up precise quotes, most are close enough.
Regarding delusions and lies: I view President Trump’s lies as made-up-on-the-spot, shoot-from-the-hip, fire-ready-aim assertions his poor handlers are compelled quickly to “walk back.” His delusions are calculated pronouncements revealing a fundamental failure to grasp reality. His lies can be maddening; his delusions are alarming!
Sorting The Donald’s delusions and lies is a challenge. Many of his verbal ramblings appear as, often are, what I call delusion/lie hybrids.
- Obama tapped my phone.
- Despite even Republican failing to find facts to support his claim, Hillary’s crimes are “worse than Watergate.”
- Attendance at my inauguration was one of the largest ever. Photos reveal a different reality.
- Mexico will pay for the wall.
- I am a stable genius.
- Donald’s dad, Fred, was born in a “very wonderful place in Germany.” Trump senior first drew breath in the Bronx.
- Despite irrefutable scientific proof it’s real, in cahoots with Big Energy Trump still insists global warning is a hoax.
- America’s military has not had a pay raise in ten years. It has, every year.
- Evolving, conflicting, muddled explanations for why he fired FBI Director James Comey.
- President Obama’s administration “begged for a meeting” with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. No one, inside or outside Barrack’s administration, ever heard of this.
- Proposing to buy Greenland—apparently from Denmark—a self-governing island not for sale.
- I am “King of Israel . . . the chosen one.”
- Thinking of giving himself a Medal of Honor: “awarded to recognize U.S. military service members who have distinguished themselves by acts of valor”* (my emphasis) Narcissism on steroids!
- He has as an “absolute right” to order American companies out of China. Kings do Donald. Despite the delusion, you don’t.
And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on. Will it never end?